WebPages designed as "Museum Exhibits"
Each page contains detailed information and graphic presentations. Click on any Exhibit Title on the following list.
- Alfonso's Book - 13th century Chess, Dice, Mill, Alquerque
- American Classic Games - Commercial boxed games 1822-1992
- Ancient & Historic Games - Ancient Egypt, Sumer, and Crete
- Backgammon - Sets made of different materials
- Bagatelle Games - Table-top Pinball
- Bilboquet Games - Cup & Ball - Ring & Pin
- Braille Sets - Modified for those with visual or other physical limitations
- Chess - European, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- Children's Games - Depicted in Brueghel's painting Young Folks At Play
- Count & Capture Games - Mancala board games
- Disney Themed Games - Games based on Mickey Mouse and Friends
- Dominoes - Historical information with many examples
- Electronic Games - Battery, Handheld, TV Console, Computer
- Gambling Games - Games played for monetary reward
- Games in Playing Card Format - 19th and 20th century
- Hockey Games - Floor Games, Board Games, Mechinical Games
- Inuit (Eskimo) Games - Text in English, French, and German
- Map Games - Board games that are geographic maps
- Native American and Canadian First Nation Games
- Korean Board Game - Nyout or Yoot
- Playing Cards - Decks, related equipment, art
- Puzzles - Jigsaw, Manipulative, and other types)
- Row Games - Tic-Tac-Toe, Mill, and many others
- Table Games - Crokinole, Caroms, Jackstraws, Multiple Games, others
- TV Games - Games based on television programs
- Viking Games - Tafl, Tablut, Fox & Geese, Asalto
- War Games - Traditional, Boxed, Contemporary
- Winter Games - SnowSnake, Curling, and others.
- Word Games - Language & Word Games - Crossword, Scrabble, etc.
Other Game-related sites on the Web: There are a great many sites on the Web concerning games. Links to some of these are on Exhibit Pages.
(For example, links to jigsaw puzzle sites would be found on the Virtual Exhibit Jigsaw Puzzle Pages.).
Last update December 7, 2010